Monday, May 18, 2009

Our First Home!


Growing up, you're often led to believe that life is meant to follow a certain pattern. That things are supposed to happen in a certain order, at a certain time, in a specific fashion. However, the older you become, the more you realize that things never happen as you expect them to...or even when you expect them to. I always thought my time to purchase and own a home would come after marriage and establishing a solid career, but clearly life has a different plan for me. Wally (the boyfriend) and I finally decided to put a bid on a home that we both loved and within 24 hours it was accepted...a rare occurrence from what I've heard.

It's all happening so fast...in roughly 2 months I will be a homeowner. This is the home in which Wally and I will move our relationship to the next step of marriage and someday have children. It's the home where one chapter of my life will close and another will begin to unravel. Change is happening so quickly and I'm not so sure I'm ready, but definitely excited...

1 comment:

D said...

I'm very excited for you! I can't wait to see the new place.