Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Hodge Podge of Thoughts

In an effort to save money for this new house that we're buying, Wally has decided to cancel our cable. At first, I was horrified and practically begged him to at the very least keep basic cable. All I could think about was my favorite shows and how I can't live without them...but then I started to really think about it. The reason why I never get to bed on time is because I get caught up in watching my shows. The reason why I never get everything done that I plan to is because of TV. Perhaps now I'll actually be able to accomplish some of those goals that I set out to complete like learning Korean, finishing the several scrapbooks I've started but have yet to complete, staying on track with marathon training...the list could go on forever. I have to admit, it's kind of sad how dependent I am on television. I'll let you know how it goes...


Now that we have two dogs and have gone through the terrible puppy stage twice, I have become a firm believer that you should definitely own a dog or high-maintenance pet of some sort before you decide to have kids. While nothing can compare to having an actual child, having a dog does prepare you for the amount of patience and responsibility required for such a big endeavor. Especially when your pup weighs 105+ pounds and is taller than you when standing on his hind legs. Just a thought to ponder...



Sacrifice...this is a word that I've become very familiar with over the past 2 years as a result of being in a very serious relationship. Since I was sixteen years old I've had aspirations of leaving Florida to pursue a career in the communications realm with the freedom of doing whatever I want when I want. However, things don't quite work out that way when you're in a relationship. After much compromise, I've decided to stay in Florida and make a life here with my future husband. I'm still not sure if this is the right choice and every time I travel elsewhere I often wonder if my decision was the wrong one or the right one...


Regrets. I can't really say that I have any. However, I do often think about the things that I would change in my past if given the chance. Some of the things that cross my mind are: joining a sorority, choosing to go to college versus culinary school, not pursuing acting/modeling more seriously, choosing to be a bookworm instead of a socialite, staying in Florida for college versus going elsewhere, being a nicer person or being more defensive, listening to my parents more versus doing the opposite of what they expected or asked... The truth is I'm not sure I would change any of it if given the opportunity to do so because one tiny little alteration to the past would essentially have a ripple effect on everything that follows that particular event. After all, everything happens for a reason...right?

No comments: